I tried synchronizing the moves from my Suunto to Movescount, via the Moveslink2-app on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, but the synchronization failed.
After the app was done downloading data from the device, the synchronization stopped on “Synchronizing data – 50%”.
I have recently installed Windows 10 Build 10580 (I think it is called “Threshold 2”), and was sure this update somehow affected Moveslink2. I uninstalled Moveslink2, cleaned out the “Apps”-folder in my AppData, and reinstalled it. The same problem…
After some searching online I found reports about Moveslink2 requiring that your network adapter was connected to a “home”-network (meaning the Network Connection Profile must be Private). This, in turn, means that your computer is discoverable on the network.
In Windows 10:
- Click your network connection icon in the status bar.
- Click “Network Settings”, just above the “Flight Mode”-tile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the network list.
- Click “Advanced Options”.
- Enable “Make this PC discoverable”.
The synchronization will still fail randomly (I guess the application is not very robust…), but after this change I was able to occasionally synchronize my moves. Before this change the application always failed.
Update: Running the Moveslink2-exe in compatibility mode for Windows 8 will make the synchronization process succeed more often. You will find the exe-file in this location on your computer (Windows 10):
- Start Moveslink
- Connect your Ambit2 GPS watch
- Wait for “Synchronizing data – 50%”
- Press “Settings”, and immediately press “Back” (it will seem to hang, but should respond within half a minute or so
- Repeat previous step until “Synchronizing data” is done